Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Love & Peace Album Review

Girls' Generation are back with their 3rd Japanese album called 'Love & Peace.' I actually enjoy their Japanese music, it always finds a way on my ipod as opposed to their Korean music I don't care for. I believe that their 1st Japanese album was their best, the 2nd was ok so they're pretty consistent!
Gossip Girls: It sounds like something f(x) would do, it doesn't really give me SNSD. I think the auto-tune is overbearing but the song has some really good moments. I don't care for the chorus and the lyrics but it's a fun song. A good opener! It's also really redundant and boring. It's a decent song.
Motorcycle: I don't see the use for this song and title but I don't question jpop hahaa. I love the chorus! It's typical SNSD, fun and upbeat!! I really like their voices here! It's catchy!! It's more electro-pop, something they don't really venture into but it suits them or rather it was composed well so that this song could work. Also, I can clearly hear everyone's voices. I can tell them apart now from Taeyeon haha. The rapping is unnecessary and I wish they wouldn't do it hahaha. But other than that good song!
Flyers: This song suits them more. It's upbeat, pop, the guitar suits it well! Cute song! It's really good and catchy! It's not my style but it's really good! Makes you happy and motivational.
Galaxy Supernova: This song came out a couple of months ago as you all know so can't really review it. It's a decent song, I don't really care for it.
Love & Girls: Again, not here for the title but this song came out in the summer so I'm sure EVERYONE knows about it and the dance. It's a cute summer song, very SNSD.
Beep Beep: This song just came out earlier when they released Flower Power so I'm also sure you all have heard it. The lyrics are ridiculous hahaha and their Japanese pronunciation makes it hard to distinguish what they're saying at moments. It's a cute SNSD song, typical but I don't really like it.
I really like this video!!
My Oh My: This song came out a month ago so I'm sure you all have heard it. I liked the song!!
I really liked the video too!
Lips: I'm 1000% here for it. Love it!!! This is the SNSD I've always wanted from them to see if they had it in them to pull it off. Pop/r&b and they certainly did. They didn't go too far into it but they still gave the soul. Love it. HERE FOR IT. Love the lyrics and the melody is so catchy. Great song! Immediately adding to ipod I love it!!
Do the Catwalk: It's a good fun song for girls haha. This song came out earlier so I'm sure you guys know about it!
Karma Butterfly: That's a really weird title hahahaha But I REALLY like it. It's a great pop song, the synths work great and the drums. I really really like it! The lyrics are really good too so it coincides with the title...I guess haha. But really good song!
Lingua Franca: This came out with 'Love & Girls' so you guys might know it. It's a cute acoustic song! It's catchy! I love the verses with the guitar!! Very soft and creates a personal feel, then it changes to upbeat. Cute song!
Everyday Love: It kind of reminds me of 'Halo' because it has the drums and the piano playing in the same key as that song but the lyrics are in a different key. It's a mid-tempo ballad, I like it! Good way to close the album!


This was a good album! Not that many new songs because alot of these were just B side singles and title songs they promoted with in Japan in the past year. Unfortunately I still prefer songs from their first Japanese album but hey, they didn't really disappoint here! Once again, their songs are better in Japanese than Korean in terms of the album as a whole. I'm not the only one that agrees with this, alot of people think so. Which is weird. But apart from that, this is typical SNSD. I'm not a "fan" per se, it's just if I like a song I'll download it. Which typically happens on their Japanese albums hahaha. But this is decent. I really love 'Karma Butterfly' and 'Lips'!! I'm sure Soshi fans will love this album, they never really fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment