Thursday, October 3, 2013

Master's Sun Final Episode Review

Master's Sun has ended T___T and of course it's a happy ending, Hong Sisters' rom-com dramas tend to end that way.



Tae Gong Shil comes back after being away for 375 days and she can still see ghosts. She hasn't changed and yet she has. She figured out why she has the gift to see ghosts and it's because when she was traveling around as a soul, she made a promise to help other ghosts, that's why she signs so brightly. Ok. Meh. I guess. I wish there was something more to it but since they dragged this drama out enough as it is, we only get 10 minutes of that. Of course she goes back to Joong Woon after playing around with him, she realizes that she needs him so she's gonna stick by his side. CUTE!
Final Thoughts on Gong Shil: She had a great transformation throughout this series. Hong Sisters really wanted to highlight how different she was from the beginning, up till the wake up call she had when Joong Won got stabbed. She is now confident with her ability, she has learned to accepts who and what she is. She's not insecure nor scared of the ghosts and now that she has Joong Won permanently as her shelter, everything will be just grand for her! What I thought was weird was that she all of a sudden got rich while she was away. She ended up selling a haunted house because of the ghosts and ended up getting a large sum of money. So she buys the apartment complex she lived in...Ok..
Gong Hyo Jin: Probably one of the best Korean actresses of our time so I don't really have anything to say about Hyo Jin. She can do no wrong and she has done no wrong. She gave us PLENTY of emotion, especially when Joong Won had appeared to her as a ghost and died. Her crying was amazing. So kudos to Gong Hyo Jin. If you haven't watched any of her other dramas, you can watch her in the Hong Sister's drama she did 2 years ago called The Greatest Love with Cha Seung Won.

Joo Joong Won waited for Gong Shil for 375 days which I love. We finished up his story last week so not much was revealed this final week. He's still cute and childish and I love it So Ji Sub is THE CUTESTTTTT.
Final Thoughts on Joong Won: He went through so much; from being kidnapped, to finally settling things with Hana Brown and Hee Joo to reading again and to stop calculating things and just go with what your heart tells you. 
So Ji Sub: Oh So Ji Sub and his fine self...and his forever sad eyes that you just can't help falling in love with. He too is a top actor(and rapper-check out his stuff) and trust me his eyes are always sad. I have seen him act before, the melo-drama and action movies suit him more because his eyes are forever sad lol. However this was my first time seeing him in a comedy and I was very surprised at how funny he was, his characters make him come off as a serious person but in reality he's really funny and cute too haha. He played his part well, granted he was no Dokko Jin which is good because I didn't want him too over the top, but I'm still glad he delivered the childishness which is typical of male leads in Hong Sister's dramas. Love So Ji Sub. LOVE HIM.

EEEEK!! I'm so happy for them! Tae Yi Rong and Kang Woo do end up together yay!! I'm so glad he gave her a chance she is super cute! I'm glad she got her man!!Kang Woo is able to raise "a blue snorkel whale in his aquarium" lmao but he still has his tendencies to be a tease. They aren't openly lovey dovey like our other couples, but it's good to see that they're getting there. Honestly, I want a spin off these two they were just SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Tae Gong Ri and Han Joo also end up together cutely and start thinking about marriage!!

Now the Hong Sister's thew in another plot with Seok Chul and Sun Ran expecting a child. At first Joong Won's aunt didn't want the child or rather did think she was capable because one, she's old and it's difficult having a child at the age of 50 and two, she had an abortion naturally when she was younger so apparently it really did seem physically impossible for her to get pregnant again. I wanted to explore more of her story because of that, but I'm glad they also had a happy ending!



Of course I loved this drama. At first I was a little wary at first given the horror, but I had to watch because of the amazing cast and it was a Hong Sisters drama. Everyone was hoping they would make a come back after the tragedy that was 'Big' from last summer. This drama was delivered in typical Hong Sisters fashion; we have the metaphors (Candy, Big and Little Sun, black snorkel whale, raise in aquarium), the transformation of the jerk borderline douche male leads, and the childishness of the male leads, and how the female leads change them for the better. Although their rom-coms do get tiring because they follow this strategy almost all the time, however I always stick around for the casts and the plots. I did like the rom-com horror, I had never experienced that in Korean Dramas yet so it was nice delving a little bit into that genre, it really wasn't that scary just slightly creepy at times. 
I would definitely recommend this drama to those who love Hong Sisters, love rom-coms, love a little horror, and a good satisfying ending. I will add this to my collection of favorites and this will probably be my 2nd favorite Hong Sisters drama haha.
Rating: 9.0/10






Next week I will start my weekly review of 'Heirs' starting Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye!!






No comments:

Post a Comment