Sunday, July 8, 2012

'Seven Day's Korean Movie Review

I watched this movie last night and I decided to do a review for it. I've seen ALOT of Korean movies so I might as well review them here too.
This starred Kim Yujin, the woman from the hit TV show 'Lost' and this is her return to the Korean scene. Oh, this came out in 2007. Anyways, here we go:
Plot: Basically, Kim Yuijin's character plays a successful lawyer and is raising a daughter as a single parent. Because she has never lost a case, a kidnapper simply takes advantage by taking her child. The kidnapper calls and leaves messages saying she has 7 days or else her daughter will die. All she had to do was get a man off Death Row and prove he wasn't a murderer. 
I'm not going to the spoil the movie, I'm just gonna list complaints. This is not a perfect movie. Not at all. To be honest it was all over the place, I was constantly was like, 'Why are we skipping so much' you know? It's very schizophrenic. It starts out pretty intense but then it slows down but the ending is definitely a twist. Now, it's not like how 'Old Boy' or 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' ended. Doesn't even compare, but the last 10 minutes was not what I expected.
Acting: Everyone was brilliant so I don't need to go into that lol
Rating: Out of 10 stars and 10 equals 'Old Boy' level on the amazingness scale, I would give this a 6, mainly for the elements of surprise. It wasn't as intense as it could've been, she didn't seem all that stressed. I mean, wouldn't you be freaking out and trying to figure out who the kidnapper is?? Once you find out who it, you wonder how they just randomly found him. Don't worry, you'll ask the same thing once you see it. It was just all over the place, but would I recommend this to anyone, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment