Saturday, June 14, 2014

Favorite Running Man Episodes!

Running Man will air it's 200th EPISODE TOMORROW in Korea! The show has lasted for 4 years now! I can't believe I've been a fan since 2011 since it is one of my favorite Korean variety shows. Like my previous post about my favorite Running Man episodes from episodes 1-99, I decided to do it again but this time, for 100-199! Although I haven't been reviewing many episodes lately or watching all of them, I still appreciate this show from time to time and thought that those that haven't seen any episodes, should use this post as a guide.

As much as I love this show, this past year has been bad for Running Man in my honest opinion. The show has gotten too redundant, boring, and involved too many guests. The producers have changed this show almost dramatically ever since it aired back in 2010. At first, they changed it to boost up ratings and bring a variety of guests. Then they changed the format and got rid of games they no longer play that audiences loved however. Because every episode is about a mission, we miss the interactions between the members. Running Man is just a platform to promote their guests, it's become a WHOLE lot more scripted, some games are boring, it's just...bad. I remember when I used to laugh an entire episode start to finish. Now, I chuckle here and there. Maybe smile, but it's not a whole-hearted laugh. Now I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. The audiences in Korea seem to agree as well. Ratings are dropping, they can't stay on top, it's filled with guests, it's just not the same. I hate this but I haven't watched every single episode that has aired this year and that's not because I was in France. It just simply bored me. Or I would start an episode and never finish it.
However, I still have hope in Running Man. It's gotten so popular internationally, I hope they continue, but I do know that this show will come to an end one day. So before that time comes, I will look back on the good episodes from this past season and I hope that episodes 200+ the producers stop the foolishness and change the format, because it's honestly starting to get boring.
Here are my favorite episodes:
Episode 100: This episode was so refreshing and funny and the missions were new and unexpected. Hilarious, a must watch!

Episode 102: I really enjoyed this episode especially Kim Soo Hyun. Hilarious!

Episode 103: I'm a fan of every Noh Sa-yeon episode lolol, she's great.

Episode 107: Hilarious love the guests!!

Episode 109: Awesome and hilarious!

Episode 115: HILARIOUSSSSSSSS

Episode 118: YASSSSSS this episode was AMAZING, Choi Min Soo's conclusion to the grasshopper hunting lol. Please bring him back RM!!!

Episode 120: HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Episode 122: HILARIOUS OMG although it kind of winded down at the end but it started great and the first mission was TOOOOO FUNNY.

Episode 127: Great episode I just LOVE when Gary asked for the guests to get together with him on the weekends lololol.

Episode 128: HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Episode 136: This episode was hilarious and great because you didn't really know who would win and it was just overall awesome, I especially loved Haha here.
Episode 138: Everyone needs more Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin in their lives. I miss shipping them. Can we please bring this bromance back?? PLEASE? If you haven't, go watch School 2013.

Episode 140: This episode is def one of my favorites, it had a twist in it, NO GUESTS and you really wanted to know how it would end. GREAT episode.

Episode 145: This also is one of my favorite episodes. I enjoy these type of missions where it's Running Man vs a group of people. Hilarious and fun!!

Episode 151: Jung Woo Sung. All you need to know.

Episode 155: I loved this episode! The plot was new, the first time they incorporated "scary" into the show. I always wanted a horror themed episode where it wasn't too silly and actually stayed scary to the end. Although this episode didn't do that it was still funny and I enjoyed guessing how it would end.

Episode 156: 2ne1 as guests!!

Episode 188: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny plus I loved the 2 guests of course.

Episode 190: This was hilarious and I really enjoyed the missions. Plus, once again, it's a RM VS episode and I especially enjoy those.

Hopefully things will look up after the 200th episode, because after the start of a new season the episodes do end up being great. Here's to another 100 episodes of Running Man!!






















5 comments:

  1. Running man is my favourite too! You have a beautiful blog, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness. This review lacks comprehensiveness. Have you made a review on episodes 200-299 yet. Don't bother. I'm pretty sure you're gonna do the same thing. "Hilarious" "Lol" "so Funny"
    tsss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a review...it just says what shows you could watch...And some of these episodes already have reviews out there. And no. It's 2016.

      Delete