Sunday, September 16, 2012

'A Bittersweet Life' Movie Review

Yay!! I finally got to watch this movie!!
Starring Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Young-cheol as the main 3 actors however others are noteworthy to mention I just don't feel like mentioning them lol.
GREAT movie.
Plot: Sun woo(Lee Byung hun) is a mobster, who serves Mr. Kang(Young-cheol). He is ordered to follow Mr. Kang's girlfriend because he believes she is cheating on him. Turns out she is, however, Sun Woo won't tell Mr. Kang about it because he develops feelings for her. Mr. Kang finds out and tries to kill him. Because of this, Sun Woo gets revenge on him.
Acting: Superb except for Shin Min ah, she didn't really give me anything.
This movie is extremely violent. There were moments when I yelled out 'DAMN' and had to look away. But it's not THAT bad, it's not as gruesome as 'The Chaser' was. There isn't much of a stirring plot line in this movie. Yes, if someone tried to kill me after I served them for 7 years, I would get my revenge but it's unnecessary how far Sun Woo goes to get his revenge. There was no chemistry or connection between Lee Byung hun and Shin Min ah, I feel like they could've kept that out. I didn't feel that love would be the reason not to tell Mr. Kang about her cheating on him. 
If you're in a mob, you have to give up your morals, plain and simple. You leave your feelings at the door and you kill whoever is supposed to be killed. Kill or be killed, no time for love. Also, she KNEW what she was getting into dating a crime boss...unless she didn't. Regardless, she fucked things up, she's not innocent lol.
Other than that, that was the only major flaw with the film.
Action was great, Lee Byung hun is such a bad ass, it's ridiculous. Watching this movie makes me want to learn martial arts and learn to shoot a gun just in case I need to defend my self lol.
This movie really does effectively showcase how it is in a mafia or gang or mob and how you have to leave EVERYTHING behind. 
Would I recommend this film: yes if you love action. Great action, amazing. But if you're looking for substance to accomplice that action, you won't find it here.
But great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment