Friday, September 7, 2012

Bridal Mask Final Episode

The final episode...it is here. AAAAAAAAAASDLFASDKFJBLKNT:AKRBNALFKVN. I didn't want it to end.....

Mok Dan is shot by Shunji on accident which I think we all knew would happen. Shunji was aiming at Kang to, but of course Mok Dan noticed and shielded him from the gun shot. Unfortunately, she dies........
Final Words on Mok Dan: In an earlier post, I complained at how annoying of a character she was, however towards the end I was able to let that go. It's because she was so set on fighting that she constantly got in the way, that's why I was so frustrated at her. Once she knew Kang-to's real identity, she got past that. I love how she would do anything for freedom, she's brave and loyal. She would go with Kang-to until the end and she certainly did. That's real love. A great "ride or die" chick lmao. 
Jin Sae yeon did a decent job in terms of acting. It's because Mok Dan as a character did not have many layers, we saw the same emotion time and time again. She's young, we're the same age so she can only grow from here. And she's in the new drama 'Five Fingers' WHICH YOU ALL SHOULD WATCH ANYWAY.

Rie. I loved her. I'm glad she's the only 'villain' that got a chance at redemption in the end. I foresaw it in earlier episodes and I'm glad she chose the right path in the end. She was a very interesting character honestly. She didn't necessarily want to be a part of Kishokai, she was forced to and because all she ever knew was power and control. She wanted to leave, but she had no where TO go. But once the President is killed, she becomes free.
Final Words on Ueno Rie: I'm glad she's free in the end. What makes me upset is that SHE DIDN'T FREAKING CHOOSE KATSUYAMA WHAT THE FUCK! She wouldn't go away with that fine ass man, but at the end I think she kind of accepts him. Once Rie tells him her Korean name, he says he will follow her forever, and she accepted that. But still, she could've taken him because he loved her!!! MY HEART BROKE. I think the reason why she didn't take him, is because having him simply as a bodyguard would remind her of Kishokai so...yea..
Han Chae-ah is awesome and freaking gorgeous, I don't have any complaints on my behalf. Glad she got to live!!


Shunji. What can I say about him. The perfect villain I have ever see in anything Korean. He was brillaint. A great Greek tragedy lmao. He was just a school teacher, fueled by anger at the loss of his brother. Then he lost his father. It was to be expected. But what made him so creepy, was how delusional he was. He really did think that after killing Kang to, he could live happily with Mok Dan and go back to teaching. You would have to be crazy in order to think this. But in the end, his vengeance was his tragic flaw. And he killed himself.
Final Words on Shunji: A brilliant character. Someone that could not be redeemed. It's crazy how you go from being an innocent school teacher, to being a cold blooded sociopath. And delusional. In the end however, I think there was some type of redemption because he could not kill Kang-to. After all that he went through, in the end, did he really see? Did he reach his final epiphany? I think that he did, he knew that Kang-to was most likely going to kill him because of his anger from Mok Dan's death. In order from hurting Kang-to anymore and to keep him from hurting, he decided to kill himself. Very poetic lmao.
PROPS TO PARK KI WOONG FOR PLAYING THIS CHARACTER BRILLIANTLY. Seriously, he is a GREAT actor, one of the best villains ever. He effectively displayed the right emotions, he made us all believe that he walked a fine line and his last scene is amazing. KUDOS to him. I hope that whatever projects he has after this, he continues to play characters with substance so I can see a better side to him. He's AWESOME.

Joo Won. I love you. And I always will. 
The main person here that redeemed himself, is Lee Kang-to. He went from being the most hated traitor, to the most loved hero. He knew immediately what he had to do once I put on the mask. At first, he seems that he just did it to avenge his family members, but then he realized how much Joseon needed freedom from the oppression. And he donned the mask for everyone, not just himself. Therefore, that final scene, when he's walking amongst the crowd, I started crying. He surpassed what he needed to do. He took over his brother's job and went well beyond what he needed to do. He helped bring the nation together to stand up and fight. It's amazing. He did everything and more.
Final Words on Kang-to: Amazing. I loved how he questioned many times of what he was doing was right and if he could really lead the nation. In the end he prevailed and he's amazing. Just I love him. When he's standing around the crowd full of gaksitals, that scene really touched me like dang lmao. Anyways, GREAT.
Joo Won, I already knew who he was when I saw him in Baker King Kim Tak Gu(WATCH THIS DRAMA) and I've been a fan of his acting ever since. He is one of the greatest actors I've ever seen, especially at his age. He's young and brilliant. He can really, truly display his emotions brilliantly, the way he can twist his face is amazing. I love him. He is not necessarily a character foil to Shunji, Kang-to wasn't as complex after perhaps episodes 8 and up, he didn't have so many layers. Either way, he was amazing as an actor. 
And he's so cute in reality, watch him on 1 Night 2 Days, he's completely amazing and so cute and he's a great singer!!!


Final Thoughts on the Drama: Amazing. The only flaws would be how predictable it was. Kang-to was easily able to get rid of Kishokai and the 5 Councilmen that killed his father and the emperor, I just with it was more complex and complicated. There weren't enough guards, Kang-to was easily able to kill off Shunji's father, and he was able to kill off the President of Kishokai so...I just wish it was more awesome and complicated. This drama didn't have a mystery-esque feel to it, I wish it did because it would've kept me more on the edge of my seat. But that's the only flaw, it's predictable. I loved the suspense, the cast was great, the directing was great. Would I recommend this YES. If you are into action and a little romance and brilliant acting and want to actually watch something with substance unlike 'To the Beautiful You', THEN WATCH THIS DRAMA AND TELL YOUR KOREAN DRAMA WATCHING FRIENDS.

I loved it. I will truly miss it.












2 comments: