Sunday, October 14, 2012

Final Thoughts on 'To the Beautiful You'

Yea I know I'm late, I saw it a week ago, but I was too busy to do a review then.

Well, this drama, was a waste of my time. Seriously. There was no substance to it. Acting was weak from some, but not all, no real antagonist, no major development...

Everything stayed the same. 16 episodes of going over the SAME thing. Jae Hee is a girl. Tae Joon knows she's a girl, but keeps it a secret because he loves her. Meanwhile, Eun Gyul loves Jae hee, Hanna knows Jae Hee's secret but keeps it, and then Eun Gyol's roommate's drama. It was just...nothing. I feel like they threw ALL that in there just to create a plot, but truthfully there was nothing.

I know that Hana Kimi didn't really have much of a plot as well, but it had an AMAZING cast, it was super funny, it overexaggerated everything, it was perfect. I haven't met a single person that hasn't liked Hana Kimi, it's just that great! The Korean remake is exactly that, just a typical Korean drama remake. After the 5th episode, we were able to see that the drama is going down it's own path, not copying anything except for the basic plot.

I loved Sulli, she portrayed her character right, I just wish there was character development. Minho...no...his acting was pretty mediocre, but he plays the perfect Tae Joon. I'm glad we were able to watch him grow, so he got character development. That's probably the only plus side to this drama. Lee Hyun Woo is an amazing actor already, I watched him in Equator Man and he was great. He played Eun Gyul great, I honestly wanted Jae Hee to end up with him simply because Hyun Woo put more into his character than Minho did. I felt Hyun Woo's pain. Anyways...yea.

I blame the director for all the complaints. He's the same guy that did 'Boys Over Flowers' however that drama...is a great drama despite it's character flaws. Boys Over Flowers was not a complete waste of time and I will gladly watch it again, 'To the Beautiful You'...no. I tell some of my drama watching friends to not even waste their time. That's seriously how I felt, don't worry about it. If you want to watch it simply because you're a fan of SM, than go ahead, but expect nothing from it.

Don't bash me for my opinion, even though, I know alot of people agree with how I felt. I love Sulli now, Minho has completely ruined my bias list in Shinee, and I will always love Lee Hyun Woo. I still love Shinee, I now have a new bias in f(x), it's all good. Just don't care for this drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment