Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Girls' Generation 'Girls & Peace' Album Review

I'm reviewing this album because I love all of SNSD's Japanese songs wayyyyyyyy more than their Korean songs. And I don't know why, it's just a million times better! I LOVED their first Japanese Album minus the remakes and what not. So here it is!
FLOWER POWER: It's not bad, I like it, it's just that lyrics make no sense to me LOL. There are really good moments, and then I cringe...It's a hybrid, as usual from SM. I think if they had kept out Sunny's cute part and skip the hook before the chorus and just go straight to the "Flower" it would've been good. But yea...the lyrics...LOL I know alot of people have tried to explain it but...let's just leave that alone.
Their best choreo, hands down. It looks amazing and it fits the song soooo well!! I hate the huge contrast between really dark and super bright..it hurts the eyes. But other than that there's not much to the video. Love the choreo!!!
Animal: Really good song, I love their harmonizations! I loved Jessica's parts. Great song!!!! Once again, I would like to applaud the producers of SM because they can create harmony with 8+ members or with 2, they stack their voices well! Anyways, good song.
I'm A Diamond: I could do without the instrumental from After School's Intro for 'Bang' at the beginning LOL. But, FAVORITE SONG. BEST SONG. But don't they already have a song called 'Diamond'?? I've never heard SNSD try to attempt at hip-hop but they sound good, they should explore the genre more. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT, but once again, I think the random lyrics with English make no sense to me. SM really needs to get that together, like it's horrible. But Tiffany's English parts are great.
Reflection: Not bad at all, the song sounds basic but their English is improving!!
Stay Girls: Slow it down compared to the other songs, I think when they use that cutesy tone though, it's annoying, but the song is very uplifting!!
T.O.P.: BIG BANG BIG BANG lol, no not at all. We pick things back up, another hip-pop/r&b song. I don't think this song fits some of the members though since the beat is pretty strong, but Tiffany sounds great!!! Sooyoung sounds good too, but the song isn't bad at all!! Great song!!!! I feel like it's a sort of continuation of BoA's 'Girls on Top' and 'The Boys' in a way. Uplifting, girl power, great song!!
Boomerang: Loved it the second it started. They sound great!!!!! Really good song!!
Oh!: Japanese remake of the Korean song. Nothing to review since it's the same lol
All My Love Is For You: Love it!!! I'm not gonna do a full review for this since the song has been out for a while.
Paparazzi: This song has been out for a while as well so I'm not gonna review it much. The song is ok, it didn't really stand out that much to me.
Girls and Peace: LOVEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTT! It's so much fun!!! Perfect example of J-pop, great songgggggg! I love it!!!
Not Alone: Good way to close the album, with a soft ballad. 


Overall: The album is very good!!! All the songs are pretty good, however, it's missing something compared to their first Japanese album...the songs from the last album was different in terms of sounds and yet it was consistent. On this album SNSD did branch out with the hip-pop/r&b pop songs here with 'I'm a Diamond' and 'T.O.P.' which is really good, but I don't think it fit with the vibe they were going for. The songs are pretty good, but they were all over the place kind of...Flower Power and Girls and Peace work great together, but then you have stuff like 'I'm a Diamond' and it throws off the vibe. I'm not saying the songs are bad, I just wish this album had a consistent theme. I really would've loved the 80's pop and 70's vibe they were going for, but when they added the other songs, it was thrown out the window hahaha. But other than that, this album is really good, seriously, great continuation from their 1st album, improvements, I still prefer the 1st album, but this album will definitely go on my ipod!!!! I'm a fan!!!!!!!


Feel free to comment just don't say I'm biased and restate everything I said but you twist it and make it seem like I'm stupid. No trolls, no hate!!






No comments:

Post a Comment