Sunday, July 15, 2012

Crucible/Silenced Movie Review

I watched Crucible/Silenced last night and it left such an amazing impression on me that I decided to do a review.

This movie..........*sigh* is one of the saddest movies I've seen in a long time. I literally cried for 5 minutes after it ended. 
Plot: At a school for the deaf and disabled, a teacher (Gong Yoo) finds out that some of the kids are being sexually and physically abused by the principals and dorm teachers. Along with the help of a friend (Jang Yumi) they try to sue the offenders to bring their horrendous acts to light. 
I'm not gonna spoil how this movie ends because there would be no point in that haha.
Acting: Brilliant, no need to go into that.

What makes this so sad to me is that these children don't have a voice at all because they are deaf and disabled. They are either orphans or the parents are mentally disabled so they didn't have anyone to stick up for them and that made me extremely sad. Also, this movie is based off a book which is based off actual events which makes it ridiculously sickening. Unfortunately child abuse is still rampant in our universe and it's so disgusting. And it's completely unfair for the disable people because they can't fight back, on and off the court. It's so sad.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who can stomach the graphic scenes because it does show the rape and abuse. It was very hard for me to watch. But even so, I recommend you watch it because it brings to light something I've never really paid attention to. Child abuse definitely needs to stop and NO person, man or woman, should get away with a year or freaking probation because it doesn't end there. I hope these offenders will rot in hell if justice isn't served on Earth.

I feel sorry for the children that went through this and fortunately after seeing this movie in Korea, many acts of kindness are pouring in and they are trying to retrial the case even though it's considered double jeopardy. Anyways, you can find out more information about what actually happened online and sign a petition to open the case. Also, we can help here at home. Also, try to show more sympathy for anyone who is less fortunate than you because you never know where YOU might end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment