Thursday, July 5, 2012

Uncontrolled by Namie Amuro Album Review

THE QUEEN OF JPOP IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the first day when it went on sale, it reached over 100,000 copies. That's more than Koda Kumi's Japonesque and Ayumi Hamasaki's Party Queen combined!!!! She really is the Queen of Jpop in terms of album sales. She's been killing the game since the 90's lol. Anyways, she's back with 'Uncontrolled.' It's basically what she's done the past 2 years that have been released as singles but there are some differences.
In the Spotlight (Tokyo): I love the drums, especially when it reaches the break down part and she's rapping or whatever, AMAZING. It's electronic and pretty basic. But I love it, the drums are what makes this song!!
*Naked: This was a single that was already released last year and I actually have the song on my ipod and I FREAKING LOVE IT!! GAHH!! I used to listen to it all the time. It's not much of an actual song because you hear the instrumental the majority of the time, but it's sooooooooo awesome. I had never heard something like that before when I first got it and I was like WAH! Namie!!! And then I just saw the music video a couple weeks ago and it's AMAZING. Her dancing skills are amazing. I LOVE THE VIDEO. Check it out on her Facebook page.
GO ROUND ('N ROUND 'N ROUND): Her English has improved ALOT. I love the chorus, and the hook. Actually, I love the song hahaha. I love it!!!
Sit! Stay! Wait! Down!: This is the song Allkpop was talking about last year that she copied from G-Dragon and that it sounded like 'Heartbreaker' so when I finally heard it I was like -______- REALLY? This is the QUEEN we are talking about why would she plagiarize. And IT DOESN'T sound like it. Just the one part when she's sort of rapping fast like in 'Heartbreaker' but it's slower. But other than that there is no similarity. I love it. But now thanks to netizens and that article, it has ruined the song for me and I can't enjoy it thoroughly. But I LOVE the reference to the man being a dog LOL. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hot Girls: I heard this last week when I saw the video and I instantly loved it! 'Hot girls make the girl go round'. I guess so hahaha. It's great, sexy, fabulous. It's a good song to listen to you for the prep for the club or something like that lol. I love it!!!!!
Break It (AL Version): This is a different version compared to the single that was released 2 years ago and I like it! Alot of people said they didn't like this version, but there isn't that much of a difference lol except there's not much noise and no guitar hahaha. Nothing really.
Get Myself Back: This too was released 2 years ago so it's not new, but it's a sort of ballad with the pop/r&b vibe still going on. It's great, I love it, one of the Namie Amuro songs you have got to have on your ipod lol.
Love Story: A softer ballad this time, it was released last year and IT'S BEAUTIFUL oh my gosh she sounds amazing I love her voice this song is amazing!!!!!
Let's Go: Loved it the second it came on. I love when the English comes in, I love the climax part right before the chorus and what not. I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! I love her harmonizations. Uggggggh I just love her voice on this, it's pretty much PERFECTION lol.
Singing Yeah-oh: This is just the English version of 'Oh Yeah' and she sounds really good!!! And I can sing along with it too!! Also, I love the video. You can catch some her videos from this album on her Facebook page!!!
Fight Together: Came out last year, great synths, electronic. I love the English, like I love the lyrics and when it gets to that old school, swing sound, then flips back out, LOVE ITTTTT!!!!!
Only You: BEAUTIFUL halsdkfja;sldkf. I LOVEEEEE HER IN THIS VIDEO, she looked so amazingly gorgeous lol. And the song is in English and she sounds great!!!!
Tempest: This was from last year, also a ballad. It's a great closer, amazing as always. My favorite Japanese ballad EVER, I LOVE IT. It's so dramatic, I want to learn it!!!!

Overall: This album is very consistent. It's filled with more pop/electronic/techno sounds. Very different from what she usually does but it's the route she's been going down the past 5 years since her last album which was 'Past<Future' and that wasn't as great as the predecessor 'Play' which is my fav album from her. I've enjoyed her hip-hop/r&b songs more than anything else but I'm not saying this is a bad album because it's not!!! It's a great album , it's just that the songs sound the same in terms of instrumental. I would've thought there would be at least a hip-hop song since she is the Queen of Jpop's Hip-hop genre but hey. It's a really good album, but if you're looking for the old Namie Amuro, this isn't her come back BUT it's still worth listening to, I love it. So now this album is in battle with Koda Kumi's 'Japonesque' because I looooooove that album lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment