Monday, August 13, 2012

New Dramas to Look Out For

Now that summer is drawing towards a close, the dramas that aired between May-August, have ended or they are about to end. Now it is time for the fall line up!

The most anticipated by many, including me, is the Korean remake 'To the Beautiful You'. I've seen the Japanese version which is perfect, like the cheesey-ness level cannot be topped by anyone else, that's how awesome it is. So, I wanna see how this is redone and will it be able to surpass the awesomeness level. The last time there was a Korean remake of a popular manga loved by the entire world was 'Boys Over Flowers' so I think this is going to follow in its footsteps.
I don't really care too much for the casting, I already did a Twitter rant over that when this was released like a year ago so whatever. However, I love Lee Hyun Woo, he was my Korean boo, but too many people are claiming him lol.
Anyways, looking forward to it! I honestly don't know what to expect.

And here we have 'Faith', ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, another fusion sageuk fantasy back in the day drama AGAIN.  But, we get to see Lee Min Ho's fine ass so I will definitely tune in. I don't really understand the plot, but it seems that Lee Min ho plays a bodyguard who is able to hop back and forth between the past and present because he kidnaps a plastic surgeon since he needs her medical assistance. -____-  Again, I don't know the vibe this drama is giving off. However, Lee Min ho's dramas have never failed to leave a lasting impression, so I will tune in.

Another. Sageuk. Yay. 'Arang and the Magistrate' marks the return of Lee Jun ki from his military enlistment. I was pretty excited knowing that he would return, but I didn't expect for him to do this! I'm honestly not attracted to this drama at all, I'm only tuning in for Yoo Seung ho's cameos because he's my Korean man. Sorry, not sorry. Shin Mina plays a ghost, who was murdered, and so now we have to figure out who killed and her and why. Sounds familiar to a drama we just finished back in May that had the SAME pretense. Lee Jun-ki plays the magistrate who can see ghosts yadah yada yadah. Sounds typical to me so we'll see.


That just about rounds up the top 3 so stay tuned as I will try to review them. However, the new school year is about to come up so I probably won't have much time to review everything like I used to. Instead of play by play recaps, I'll just do a sum up of important things you need to know instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment