Friday, August 17, 2012

To the Beautiful You Episode 2 Review

So far, this remake is following the Japanese version almost to a T with a few exceptions. This episode is filled with the games because that's all they do at this school. They just hold competitions against other dorms haha. However, what I'm finding different compared to Hana Kimi is that they are moving fairly quickly! How many episodes are there supposed to be? They are revealing alot of things very fast! The games! The fact that Tae Joon likes to kiss whomever when he drinks alcohol! And the kiss! It's so sudden. 
So that makes me wonder, is this going like the manga? Or the Japanese drama? At first I thought they were gonna actually spread things out since Hana Kimi only had 12 episodes and some episodes were completely irrelevant. Anyways.
For those that have seen Hana Kimi, leave a comment explaining Kim Ji Won's character!! In Hana Kimi, there was no main female rival right?? The stalker fans created problems, no rhythmic gymnast right? I haven't seen this drama in a while, so watching this is restoring some memories lol.

1) Eun Gyul is starting to develop feelings for Jae Hee. Starting to question his sexuality, but he's just attracted to Jae Hee's femininity that's all haha. I wonder, since this is a Korean drama, how much are they gonna play into his feelings. Like, you can see the jealousy brewing within Eun Gyul. If Lee Hyun Woo was trying to get my attention, he would have it 100% even with that bowl cut. I'm playing, if I saw someone looked like that LMAO. NO, I love you Lee Hyun Woo!! 
So yea, his character is awesome and Lee Hyun Woo's acting is the best out of EVERYONE because he is truly an actor. Sulli, Minho, Kwanghee, they need to bring out that EMOTION since they are idols.

2) In Hana Kimi, the doctor was exceptionally awesome because he keeps Jae Hee's real identity a secret, like seriously. He was my favorite character. Now, in this remake, he's ok, maybe he'll grow fonder. Hopefully. So yea, the doctor, after listening to Jae Hee's boring cry and inspirational speech for why she's a stalker, he's gonna let her slide.

3) Tae Joon still can't jump. Reporters are all over the place and because Jae Hee ends up meeting with a reporter, Tae Joon thinks she sold him out so he's pretty pissed. However, he's growing I guess. Like I said, I understand why Min ho has no emotion, but he needs to put emotion into his emotionless expressions. PLEASE, give me some emotion here.


4) Since Tae Joon isn't good at drinking alcohol, he ends up kissing Jae Hee! Gasp. This is moving sooooooo quickly, I wonder how this will progress!

I'm giving kudos to Sulli, she plays her character pretty well, she's kinda awesome but there's a hint of annoyance. Whatever. She keeps things interesting because everyone else is rather boring. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment