Friday, August 24, 2012

To the Beautiful You so far Review

It's pretty disappointing, not gonna lie.

I felt that the 1st episode was awesome, but then things began to wind down by the 2nd episode. Here's my take:
Actors: Sulli is great at playing her character, she's not bad at all, I enjoy watching her. I feel like the director made her more into a stalker than I imagined, she's full of nothing but Tae Joon and she needs to chill. But like I said, Sulli is doing a GREAT job.
Choi Minho.....bad. I thought his acting would step up once Tae Joon started opening up more to Jae Hee, but that's not happening. I know his character is supposed to be an ass, but he has no emotion even in that. But then, once he starts interacting more with Jae Hee, his emotions aren't right. Apparently, Minho watched Hana Kimi and he read the manga, so I don't understand why he couldn't channel Shun Oguri or something. It's not working for me, sorry. I LOVE MINHO, just not as an actor. Please don't kill me.
Lee Hyun Woo is AMAZING, he's playing his character perfectly, but he's not AS AWESOME as Ikuta was, like his portrayal of Nakatsu was AMAZING. Lee Hyun Woo is a great actor though, I watched him in Equator Man so he's really good for his age. Full of potential, just once again, this is the director's fault. LOVE LEE HYUN WOO.
Director: We have the same director from 'Boys Over Flowers' and he too produced a mediocre remake despite its overwhelming popularity(I loved it, but it did have its flaws). He isn't doing things right, the drama is moving to fast, there's not enough explanation of anything. For example, there's so much going on in 1 episode because of the additional characters. It has too much of a Korean Drama feeling. In Hana Kimi, it was basic, there was no main female antagonist, and no major conflict apart from the obvious. There's just too much. In 1 episode there would be a major issue, and then we quickly move on to something else, I just don't get it.

So, this remake has major flaws, not saying Hana Kimi didn't. I threw away the mindset of constantly comparing the two, but this drama is a disappointment. Watching this remake made me realize there was no substance lol, but the cast from Hana Kimi MADE it amazing. Since we have a pretty weak cast with horrible direction, I'm losing interest. I don't feel that Tae Joon cares for Jae Hee, even though in Episode 4 he ran out to rescue her, but why all of a sudden? Didn't you hate her?? Tae Joon is not emotionally attached to anyone so I wish Minho would try a little harder to display his emotions, even if the directing sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment