Sunday, December 30, 2012

R2B: Return to Base Movie Review

Rain's last movie before enlistment starring Rain, Shin Se Kyung, and Yoo Jun-sang which is a remake of the film 'Red Scarf'.
Plot: A talented troublemaking air force pilot is demoted to a combat flying unit and the issues involving North Korean threats.
Genre: Action thriller, comedy, drama, romance. There were some touching, tear-jerker moments but definitely a comedy.
Actors: Great cast, Rain is a great actor, I've seen his other movies and dramas so I had no doubt that he would be able to portray intensity and comedy when needed. I don't care too much for Shin Se Kyung but she was really cute. Great cast though, nothing bad about the actors.

This was a good movie, very entertaining, funny moments, sad moments when I almost shed tears, but it's a great movie to watch with other people. Perfect for the holidays, or good summer movie. Plenty of comedy, action and suspense was definitely there at the last hour of the movie. I feel like there could've been more to the plot because the first half went to Rain's story, then the 2nd half finally zeroed in on the North Koreans. If they wanted to do the movie like that, they should have equally balanced it out. Other than that, like I said great cast, great chemistry, great acting. I would recommend this to everyone who loves Rain or Shin Se Kyung or just to anyone who wants to watch a feel good movie. It won't go on my list of favorite movies but I can definitely watch it again, very entertaining!



No comments:

Post a Comment