Tuesday, January 8, 2013

King of Dramas Final Review

Awwww, unfortunately King of Dramas has come to an end after 18 episodes T______T what am I supposed to do with my life now??? It was soooo funny!!!

In the final episode Anthony had a glimpse of hope to go Florida and undergo a DNA trial to possibly cure his eye disease, however he never planned on going. And of course, this wouldn't be a drama without tragedies somewhere....It was live shooting for the last episode and Min Ah was late so it was hard for them to finish the tape and send it in to the broadcasting station. Once they finish it, Anthony takes the car with PD Joo and they get into an accident...T___T PD Joo is able to deliver the final tape and they reach over 30% in viewer ratings but Anthony is rushed to the hospital. He was dead for like 2 minutes but then there is a heart beat and lives!!!!
In the end, Anthony does go blind, Sung Min Ah and Kyung Min become an ACTUAL COUPLE LMAOOO and Anthony and Go Eun are married and do radio shows...Awww...

I believe Anthony was willing to go blind, as a way to atone for his sins and what not and wanted to accept the punishment which I'm fine with. I really didn't want him to die, I was freaking out and what not...but then I realized this was a romantic comedy, it lost its sense of drama a long time ago haha. I found it interesting that they decided to do radio dramas, I think it would've been fine if he kept producing regular dramas but that works. Do radio dramas still exist??

Anyways, great ending! I knew that Kyung Min and Min Ah would get together, but they became over the top...It's nice that Kyung Min changed and actually wanted to become a real actor! And Min Ah was able to help him. I find it weird that she just got over Anthony so easily when she was so insistent on getting Anthony back...but whatever.

This drama started out really good and refreshing. It presented a different concept and showed how the drama world is and I honestly believe that the majority of the things that happen behind the scenes in this drama seriously happened. I think that after the Yakuza died, things went down hill. The actual drama in this drama went away. Empire Production just stopped bothering Anthony, Min Ah gave up on Anthony, and all of a sudden Anthony is going blind. I can see why it lost viewer ratings. I thought the drama was very hilarious, great cast everyone can act including Siwon even though there wasn't anything to him. I just wish there was more plot, at first I found it annoying that in every episode something bad was happening, but it at least kept me tuning in to see if 'Morning in Kyeongseong' would turn out well. But like I said, all of the antagonist just stopped and there was nothing...This drama was split into 2 parts, I think the writers just fell off somewhere.

Like I said this drama had soooo many flaws, but it was super funny, great actors, it started out really good and lost its flavor in the past 10 episodes it seems. I would recommend this drama to those who love Siwon he did realllly good even though his character didn't have any layers. I enjoyed everyone else as well. I would honestly watch this drama again because of how hilarious and short it was!!






3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It started better than it ended. It was strange how Gyeongsong's Morning was a huge part of this drama, but it seemed to become insignificant in the end. It was like they suddenly decided to focus more attention on Anthony and Go Eun's relationship in the last few episodes whereas the romance wasn't important at all in the beginning. I enjoyed watching the drama overall, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. it just felt too weird to have the change in focus all of a sudden

      Delete
    2. I agree! But after all that drama and anticipation at the end of each episode for about half of it, it was nice to just have a relaxed, not forced love type of ending. I thought the ending was beautiful. The love between the two progressed in an unselfish way. It really portrayed a true, unconditional kind of love on both parts. It was love between two friends not a cheesy superficial "love" that is portrayed way too often in romantic comedies. I also like the fact that Anthony accepted her love in the end and told her the truth. so much better than those k drama endings where they swap the truth for a lie in order to keep their loved on from hurting (and they always drag it out for heaps long) but they in itself makes their counterpart hurt even more.
      Overall the drama was not too cliched, dramatic but also light hearted and fun. So many dichotomies! one of the few dramas that I would want to watch again when I have time. :)

      Delete